Wednesday 7 February 2007

WGHB Farmville NC 1250

During a dinner with my good friend Bjarne Mjelde I received a very nice email from mr. Bill Cope, confirming my reception of Pirate Radio 1250 WGHB, heard during my DXpedition to Lista late January. A very surprising and pleasant catch considered the rather noisy conditiones we experienced.
Tonight we enjoyed some nice Australian red wine and some Camus XO cognac as well, and maybe because of that I also received another email from the station - from the owner Troy Dreyfus. He writes: "In fact, I you are about the 4th person over the last year or so that has heard our station overseas!"
Mr. Bill Cope adds: "I have an amateur radio license, AF4RP, so I understand the importance of replying to a request for a QSL card. I am retired from the Voice of America Relay Station here in Greenville. If you have ever listened to VOA, you are probably aware of VOA Greenville."
Thank you guys!

No comments: